Sunday 14 June 2015

A Difficult Path

People generally prefer shortcuts as against taking longer routes. Fast food is a response to consumers’ demand for quicker food service.  By nature, human beings look for the easier way.

There is no shortcut to being a good Christian worthy of the eternal company of God. Christ’s marching order for us in this life is clear: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34-35) To many that is mission impossible.

“How can I love those who hurt me, who humiliate me, who disrespect me?” we ask.

Christ showed us the way by dying for a sinful humanity that rejected him.  We are to take the same road that Jesus took that requires sacrifice, suffering, giving and forgiving, sharing, loving and selflessness.  It is a difficult path that leads to an everlasting reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment